Last week I was thinking about the man at the poolside in John 5:2-9 and I thought to myself…yes, this is the situation I’ve found myself and I can’t help me, but how do I maximize this lame-going-nowhere opportunity for the greater good? These are what I came up with, I’m sure there’s more!
1) Begin a talk-show at the poolside, with the families that have come and gone, have them tell the world about their stories (human interest angle) – Reporter.
2) Sell affordable, on-the-go necessary stuffs for people whilst they wait for the stirring of the water – Entrepreneur
3) Chronicle exceptional cases and healing, mine is one by the way – Writer
4) Cultivate and improve my communication/motivational skill – Motivational speaker
5) Arrange a pick-up/drop-off for who is willing – Uber services
6) Preach Jesus as the Way to receiving healing, rather than waiting for the angel because I got mine that way – Minister
What opportunities have you allowed slipped by you because you felt incapacitated? Behold and grab them.
©2017. Frances Kelvin Otung. All rights reserved.