Amidst the many wonderful and out-of-this-world-names that we call HIM or address Him as – trying to understand an Infinite God through our finite minds and limited abilities, I also call Him THE ANSWER.
How do you handle your confusion when The Answer asks a question?
Is it that, He doesn’t have answers anymore?
At what point did He lose that ability?
My mind ponders on why The Answer would have questions and dare to ask them…ask me a mortal. What does He expect of me? How do I defend this “inadequacy”?
I wonder and ponder.
Yet at the same time, it occurs to me that these Questions are aimed or fired at my faithlessness or loss of what I once had. He is questioning the new found friend that I have chosen to listen to called DOUBT. Not something I did willingly (I think) but by not showing belief in Him and His promises, I pledged allegiance to Doubt.
In His usual way of not giving up on me, fights back to retrieve me from those vile clutches and save my soul. Therefore, He doesn’t sit still with His lips sealed, but thunders…
- Is any thing too hard for the Lord? – Genesis 18:14
- What will ye that I shall do unto you? – Matthew 20:32b
- I will ask you one thing; is it lawful on the Sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? To save life, or to destroy it? – Luke 6:9
- Who touched my clothes? – Mark 5:30b
- Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? – Job 38:4a
- Can these bones live? – Ezekiel 37:3a
- Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? – John 21:17 (No way, you aren’t getting off that easy on the last question, please insert your name there instead) Rephrase
Frances, daughter of Udo, lovest thou me?
And she said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto her, Feed my sheep.
I’m doing that right now by letting you know He loves you, goes the length and more for you and yours, will always be waiting for you to return home, oh ‘Prodigal’. He has asked a question, what will your answer be?
The ball is in your court, baby!
© 2014. Imanikingblog. All rights reserved